Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get there?
- Check out our map with links to local transit.
- A SHUTTLE will operate between the Rouge Hill GO station and the Rouge Beach parking lot.
If I want to use the shuttle what do I do with my stuff?
- For drivers, proceed to the beach first. We’ll help you get unloaded and your belongings secured.
- Drive back up to the GO Station and park.
- Meet the shuttle for your ride down to register.
- Transit users simply meet the shuttle outside the GO station for your ride down to the beach.
- During the online registration process please be sure to indicate that you will use the shuttle (for our planning purposes).
How will we put our boats in the water?
We are doing a STAGGERED LAUNCH this year — from the BEACH!
- Paddlers will be assigned a launch group (one of three).
- Assignments will be sent by EMAIL on Wednesday, June 10, confirming their group and launch time.
- We recommend arriving 45 minutes before your launch time to allow time for registration and personal preparations (picking up your boat, life jacket and paddle, facility use, snack, gearing up).
- Each group is allotted a 30 minute window to launch within.
- Launches will be first come, first launch within each group.
What is the paddle route?
- The paddle will proceed up river to the Glen Rouge Campground, and back down river to the beach.
How long will it take to paddle?
- Estimated time to paddle in each direction is 45 minutes, for a total of 1 hour 30 minutes on the water.
Will there be Food and Beverages?
- Some snacks, coffee and water will be available onsite for paddlers at the beginning of the day.
- Please bring a litter-less lunch to enjoy on the beach after the paddle.
- Bring your reusable water bottle and coffee mug to help reduce waste.
Questions? email Jennifer@wildlandsleague.org