Janet has more than 25 years’ experience as an environmentalist. She has been the Executive Director of CPAWS Wildlands League since 2003.
Janet is an expert negotiator, strategist and communicator with considerable policy reform experience. She also has a long history working with industries, including ISO 14001 standards, oil & gas engagement, mining companies and forestry giants.
Today’s employees want more from the companies they work for, buy from and support; they want sustainability for their children and the planet. Janet’s job is to help find that sweet spot on environment, social and economic.
Janet brings to life the environmental challenges facing our planet with examples and experiences from her travels across Canada. Whether it is facing down a Polar Bear or being shot at in a herd of caribou, Janet has tales to tell.
For those wishing to book a presentation, Janet can speak on the following topics:
- Climate Change: How is it changing the north? And how does cold carbon play a role?
- The Rouge Valley has 1700 species and it’s our newest park. Right next to Toronto.
- Paddling with VIPs: Tales from paddling northern rivers with movers and shapers
- Caribou: The Untold Story of Extirpation in Canada and what is being done
- Algonquin Park: Log it or Leave it?
- Sleeping with Polar Bears or what it’s like to be an environmentalist
- The Ring of Fire: What’s up with the largest mining find in a 100 years
- Mining is a #Fail on the Attawapiskat River
- plus more
Recent speaking engagements include:
- The United Nations Forum on Forestry, Rome, Italy
- Boreal Business Forum, Manitoba
- Sustainable Brands, San Diego, USA
- Royal Botanical Gardens, Burlington, ON
- Retail Industry Leaders Association, Austin, USA
- Bora Laskin Law School, Thunder Bay
- University of Toronto, Scarborough Campus
Janet is comfortable in front of 5 people or 500.
Rates starting at $150.00, to be negotiated.