Position: Executive Assistant
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Wildlands League seeks organizer extraordinaire (EA)
Are you driven to organize? Do you hold at least 12 thoughts simultaneously in your head while executing the most fabulous event? Can you make your boss look good because you just solved the photocopier issue and she needed 13 copies 10 minutes ago? Could you be the glue for our team? Are you the oil in the machine that keeps the details humming along? Then, we need you. Problem solver and detail guru.
We need a brilliant Executive Assistant to the Executive Director who will combine with the finance team, development staff and policy group to keep budgets, cash flow, schedules, and events on point.
Reporting to the Executive Director and working with other team members the EA will support the development of financials, cash flow, invoicing and manage the Executive Director’s calendar. From time to time the EA will be the logistics driver for events or on specific projects as required.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director, such as arranging travel and accommodations for meetings, preparing travel expenses and managing the Executive Director’s calendar, etc..
- Oversight of the financial processes and data management system for receipting, invoicing and bookkeeping and annual audit prep with relevant staff
- Logistical support for events and projects as required
- Oversee the good management and administration of the office, providing support on general logistics and public inquiries
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Previous experience working with organizing, financial management systems and in support work
- Strong computer skills include excel, word, and social media channels
- Self-directed, reliable and good emotional intelligence (able to read a room)
- Strong problem solving skills, time management and goal setting
- Reliable work history
Wildlands League is a diverse team of thoughtful and engaged humans working to make the planet a better place to be. We are better, smarter, and bolder for our inclusivity. Therefore, Wildlands welcomes applications regardless of ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender or identity.
If you wish to put your organizing skills to work in aide of the planet, then please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday, August 9th. Start date is ideally the week of August 26th, 2019
Wildlands League thanks all applicants for their interest in the position, but only successful candidates will be contacted. No Phone calls.
NOTE: We want a really gifted Executive Assistant who thrives with responsibility.
Salary is commensurate with experience and non-profit rates.