Request a meeting with your MPP
Taking the time to meet your MPP is valuable.
You can look them in the eye and talk to him or her directly about what you care about. If you’ve never done it before, don’t worry, here’s how you do it.
- Call the Constituency office of your MPP. You can find out the contact information here
- Introduce yourself as a constituent and that you are concerned about Ontario’s moose population. You would like to talk to your MPP about recommendations for species recovery
- Be polite and friendly.
- Keep your meeting with your MPP short and friendly. Be polite but firm and ask that the Ontario end the hunting of moose calves in an effort to promote recovery of the species in areas of concern.
- If he or she doesn’t have a good answer for you, that’s okay. Request that her or she gets back to you with a good answer after the meeting either by phone or by email. Follow up is important.
- Feel free to reach out to us if you have any more questions, and let us know how it goes.